June-Sept 2023 - More Details Coming Soon
Annie talks about what you can expect in the SmartFLOW teacher training. Enjoy feedback from real graduates! All SmartFLOW trainings are Yoga Alliance Registered.
Annie and friends share inspirational words about practicing and teaching SmartFLOW yoga.
The 200hr SmartFLOW Teacher Training is a 2 part training, Abhyasa and Vairagya.
Part One: ABHYASA
The Path of the Sadhana; Do your Practice!
Abhyasa means practice, or the effort towards aligning and re-aligning one’s attention to the present moment.
We will employ the yogic practices of asana, pranayama (breathwork), chanting, and various methods of meditation as our elemental practice. You will gain a profound understanding of the foundational asanas as alignment tools for safe physical practice, and for yoking the mind to this moment. Asanas are presented as elemental, sustaining, deepening and as a means to return to center to illuminate the path of creative sequencing. In addition we will consider various ethical observances to inform and sustain our choices on our mats, with our students, and in daily life.
• Asana practice engaging body, mind and spirit
• The deconstruction of asana into primary movement principles for clarity of alignment and sequencing
• Functional Anatomy and Physiology: presented in short segments to support the movement and breath principles with relevance and meaning.
• Movement inquiries for evolving a keen and subtle awareness of Proprioception that you can awaken in your students
• History and Philosophical concepts of classical Yoga
• Essential Pranayama practices to refine attention and shift vital energy
• Dharana: multiple paths to focus your mind for contemplation
• Basic Sanskrit pronunciation for key concepts
• Yama and Niyama: learning and living the yogic ethical observances, on and off the mat
Part Two: VAIRAGYA
The Path of Radical Acceptance; All is Coming!
Vairagya is the ability to accept everything that arises with evenness and equanimity. It is the basis for the cultivation of community and the essence of every teacher who wishes to inspire her students. Vairagya reveals and celebrates the present moment in all its unpredictability and originality.
As we delve deeper into the practices, we encounter everything on the spiritual path: strength and flexibility as well as weakness and pain; we find the greatest joy as well as fear and doubt. As spiritual aspirants and guides we gather and balance our energies and intentions to become the light embodied, beacons on this path.
• Advanced Asana: bringing multiple movement principles together in a playful, balanced way
• Creative sequencing that encourages you to find your voice and vary your focus and themes
• Pranayama, guided meditation and philosophical themes as integral, inseparable elements of the practice
• Yoga for longevity: learn modifications for injury prevention and rehabilitation
• Cultivating clear languaging with its basis in structural awareness and thematic development
• Hands-on adjustments that educate your students
• Teacher student relationships: inspire without enmeshing
• Cultivating your life-long home practice: tools for deepening awareness and developing source material for teaching
8 Weekends, plus one Thursday evening between each weekend.
June 12-14, 26-28; July 10-12, 24-26; August 7-9, 14-16, 28-30; Sept 11-13.
5-8:30pm - Pose Review, Anatomy, Sequencing, Hands-on-Adjustments, Practice Teach
7-9am - Morning Sadhana: Asana + Pranayama;
11am-3:30pm - Afternoon Labs: Pose Review, Anatomy, Sequencing, Hands-on-Adjustments, Practice Teach
5-7:30pm - Evening Session: Philosophy / Restoratives
7-9am Morning Sadhana: Asana + Pranayama;
11am-4pm - Labs: Pose Review, Anatomy, Sequencing, Hands-on-Adjustments, Practice Teach
5-8:30pm June 18; July 2, 16, 30; August 13, 20, Sept 3.
Britni Serou, E-RYT 500
To register, or for more info:
Contact Britni @ 985.520.5757
To learn more about Annie and SmartFLOW: